Most people set New Year resolutions to improve themselves in some way. They want to lose weight, start reading more, apply for a new job. Whatever their resolution is, the New Year is a great time to level up and become the better person that you want to be. The sad part about resolutions is that according to Forbes, only about 8% of people actually achieve their New Year resolutions. But we don’t think it has to be that way! Especially if your resolution is to grow a fuller, healthier beard. Rather you’re ready to fill in your patchy beard, or grow a beard for the first time, boosting your beard growth is the perfect New Year resolution and one you can actually obtain! Here’s how:
- Use beard oil daily. Beard oil moisturizes your beard and the skin underneath it. Add just a few drops right after you wash your face to keep your beard moisturized. Dry, brittle beards are more likely to break off leaving you with a short patchy beard. Moisturizing helps prevent that.
- Consistently take hair growth vitamins. Not everyone is blessed with genetics that helps them grow a full, healthy beard naturally! And that is ok. The right vitamins help provide the missing nutrients some need to boost hair growth. Consistently consuming hair growth vitamins will support healthy hair growth and provide fast results.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. We are what we eat. Therefore a healthy, balanced diet is key to living your best life. The foods you consume affects your hair growth.
- Get more sleep. Most of the growing and healing of our body happens while we are sleep. Sleep is imperative for us to perform at our best. It’s also imperative to help our bodies perform at their best. There’s a phrase trolling the internet streets that you may want to be careful of giving too much weight. That phrase is, #teamnosleep. Don’t fall victim to the hype in the new year. Sleep is essential for growth. Try getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night and watch your productivity improve, and your beard grows fuller.
- Drink more water. Sixty-four to eighty ounces of water is the recommended daily amount of water for the average man. Dehydration slows hair growth and will make your hair dry and brittle. Hydrate your body and boost your hair growth by allowing the proper nutrients to distribute throughout your body and your hair cells to regenerate faster.
We don’t want you to be one of those people who say they’re going to grow a beard in the new year and then doesn’t. Use these five tips to boost your beard growth and be #beardgoals in the New Year.
Planning to grow a beard this year? Comment below!